Android and Windows 10 are now better nested, thanks to the Microsoft app “Your Phone”. This allows, with an assistant available on the Google Play Store. To synchronize some data from your smartphone, such as photos, SMS, and more recently notifications. We explain in this tutorial how to Read & Send SMS From Windows 10
“Your Phone Companion” allows you to do more and more things on your smartphone from your PC Windows 10. It is for example possible to view your latest photos. But also to read and compose your SMS before sending them without ever touch your Android smartphone.
Windows 10 : How to read, write and send SMS via your Android smartphone
For that you need to configure everything first :
- On your smartphone, download and install Assistant Your Phone by clicking here.
- On your PC, check in Settings > Accounts that your account is associated with a Microsoft account.
- Open the Microsoft Store and install or update the app Your Phone. if is not installed (already installed on recent versions of windows 10).
- Connect your phone to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions
During installation, the application Your Phone Companion wizard requests a series of permissions, for example :
- Edit, Read & Send SMS
- Read & Edit Phone Logs
- Read & Edit Contacts
Accept them all for full functionality of Windows 10.
At the end of the wizard, you will need to open the application your phone on your Windows 10 PC to synchronize. Once the installation is complete, you must activate the display of SMS on your PC :
- Open Your phone
- Go to Settings
- Check Allow this application to display SMS from my phone
You can read, compose and send text messages directly from your PC with Your Phone application in the Messages tab of the left column. Note that it was also possible to display notifications in Windows 10, when you receive, among other things, SMS.